Saturday, September 4, 2010

Doors and Latches

sand me paint me
catch me
hold me

 This morning was spent wondering around the Valentino Exhibition currently being held at the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) in Brisbane. What an amazing collection of craftsmanship. Very awe inspiring and very motivating. Everything was beautiful and amazing but I was particularly struck by some of the garments that featured the following detail: origami fabric embroidery, contoured silk satin binding tubes,  hand painted garments after construction, hand painted fabrics before garment construction, pleated and draped sheer fabrics. I'm hoping to go back to the exhibition and pay more attention this time to the design and detail with more focus on how I could translate that into an art quilt.

My weekly photos this week have all focused on doors, latches and a couple of hinges. I have taken photos of almost every door, gate, latch and hinge that are currently in different places around our home our renovator. The photos above are only three of the 30 or 40 I have taken this afternoon. This weeks photos are with a new camera I have finally entered the land of digital SLR, so lots of learning and practice ahead.

Thank you for all the lovely comments and words of encouragement throughout the week, its been very cool.

3 comments:

  1. You are already excelling at this blog thing. I however need more practice at commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentino was amazing- I'm going back to for another look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos - looking forward to seeing what work they produce

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join the Journey

Subscribe to Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )