Sunday, March 11, 2012

getting up close

enjoying the new macro lens
a new perspective to the weed that has gone to seed
can even appreciate a normally unwanted pest


Very excited to have received an email during the week to let me know that my piece "Platforms #2" has been selected into 'State of the Art (SOTA) 12' which is an annual juror-ed exhibition. This years juror was the talented Sharon Hall. The exhibition will have it's premiere showing at Gallery 159, 14th - 23rd April 2012. The collection will then tour for about 12 months. I've now added an exhibitions page to my blog listing current and upcoming exhibitions/displays which I've had work selected for.  The page will be up-dated from time to time as new opportunities evolve. As the next tour spots are announced for the SOTA exhibition I'll also add these to the page.  

Also here's a link to the very talented calligraphy, lettering and textile artist Tricia Smout. I so enjoyed exhibiting with Tricia last year with our 'Undercurrents' exhibition. And Tricia has been successful with her application for a 12 month Artist-in-Residence at Brisbane's Botanic Gardens - Mt Coot-tha. 
Tricia has started a blog to document her journey throughout the residency and also to keep people informed of upcoming workshops etc. I've also got a link to Tricia's blog in my blog list.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join the Journey

Subscribe to Newsletter

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )